I am not an extremely patient person. This is NOT an asset with DIY projects. Especially, you know, when you have that thing called "a job" that keeps getting in the way. I did another halfhearted attempt today at removing the rest of the stripper. It's not supposed to be on this long. Needless to say, my impatience to get started is costing me. I'm going to have to reapply some of the stripper...and will probably have to buy the special remover. Sigh. But, like any good but lazy DIYer, I bought more materials at Home Depot this weekend.
On the right, there's the stain that will eventually get put on said piece of furniture. On the left are materials for ANOTHER project...painting my Ikea dressers. I did not select a shade; I let it select me. I got the quart of paint from the "oops" shelf. It's a grey satin called Creek Bend. Hopefully it will look good. I did have to pony up for the primer. If you can't do it right, don't do it! Yeah, right...as if. More like hurry up and slap it on in an attempt to do it quickly and then be gravely disappointed!